In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vajilla, cubertería, cristalería etc
- Many ancient Chinese artifacts such as vases, bottles and tableware featured fishes and pomegranates known for their numerous fruit seeds.
- This again aims to challenge the conventions of tableware.
- Staff and visitors took the opportunity to stock up on gifts for Christmas from the wonderful array of products on display, including hand woven materials, clothing, tableware and decorations.
- A vast range of products will be available, ranging from fine art and framing to design-oriented furniture, cosmetics, ceramics, glass and tableware.
- Britons, both at home and in the American colonies, enjoyed a newfound way to express themselves with fashionable tableware during the eighteenth century.
- It expects to sell $55 million worth of tableware annually.
- Doubtless, the wealthiest and most successful members of American society expected their jewellery and tableware to proclaim their own increasing sophistication.
- Handcrafted items such as bowls, trays, lamps and tableware, exquisite mats and carpets all bring to fore the excellent craftsmanship of the region.
- In fact, she has not turned a dollar since November 1969, apart from auctions of her furnishings, china, glassware, and tableware.
- An award-winning Hong Kong company has an alternative: biodegradable tableware.
- I use traditional techniques such as forging and hammering to create contemporary tableware that shows a bit of my character.
- The most commonly sold commodities are foodstuffs and household items such as salt, sugar, fish sauce, soaps, clothing, fabric, tableware, and cooking implements.
- This tableware can be had in exquisite patterns and vibrant colours.
- Still on Christmas dinner, if you're short on tableware instead of buying extra, ask family members if you could borrow what they're not using.
- While you wait for your order, you can browse through a range of furniture, textiles, carpets, glassware, tableware, candles, aromatherapy, books and much more.
- This space also holds many, many portrait miniatures and paperweights, not to mention drinking glasses and tableware from the various imperial chateaux.
- There is a very comprehensive range of ceramics, from fabulous tableware to quirky characters and conceptual and exploratory pieces.
- Other items discovered include a set of pewter tableware used by servants.
- A studio offering artistic skills training produces tableware and decorative items sold on the commercial market.
- Other stars of the collection are remnants of medieval glazed jugs, tableware, and three-handled drinking cups from the 17th century.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.