In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(formato de periódicos utilizado por la prensa popular) tabloide masculino(journalism) (before noun) popular(journalism) (before noun) dirigido a las masas(sensationalist) sensacionalista
- Is it too much to expect, in this increasing tabloid media age, leadership from the media too?
- Britain's first blind prime minister would certainly have tabloid appeal.
- The reason why dumbing down and tabloid trivialisation is so widespread is that it works.
- We ape the worst of tabloid titillation in a relentless downward drive of tacky exploitation.
- If this tabloid exposé is on the level, frankly we should all be chucking our jewellery crossly into the woods.
- His tabloid chatter won over a new generation and their relationship blossomed.
- My interest in talking about Keira, however, is not to add to the stockpile of tabloid tittle-tattle.
- Tabloid journalism is a tricky subject: it tends to invite lofty condescension.
- Chattering about tabloid trivia or television celebrity shows, he can barely conceal his lack of interest.
- It is tabloid trash no matter how you dress it up or justify it to yourselves.
- The rise of tabloid journalism, and then of Hollywood, intensified this trend.
- The first obstacle to the rising star of my career in tabloid television was that we were lost.
- In short, the market is softening, but is in no way in a crisis, slump or any other such tabloid noun you care to use.
- Throughout the article he used some of the most reactionary tabloid language possible for the occasion.
- In fact, most of us have the same low tabloid tastes as everyone else.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.