In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rotor de cola masculino
- Absence of the tail rotor enables the helicopter to perform flat turns within the entire flight speed range.
- The Mi - 17, recognizable because the tail rotor is located on the starboard side instead of the port side, is a multipurpose helicopter capable of carrying either cargo in the cabin or up to 30 passengers.
- The tail rotor is designed on a biplane configuration, with independently controlled X-shaped blades.
- Although a helicopter has a main blade, rotating at 500 rpm above it, and a tail rotor that acts as a rudder, it remains a completely unstable machine.
- Kamov helicopters are well known for the co-axial contra-rotating rotor design, but the Ka - 60 has a single four-bladed main rotor with an anti-torque tail rotor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.