In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1discurseo masculino coloquial
- The skepticism is justified because past administrations have made them grandiose promises that fell flat as soon as the talkfest was over.
- What needs to be understood in the debate about public liability insurance - now destined for Canberra and a talkfest between the Commonwealth and the States next month - is that nobody ever wants to get injured.
- Starting with much fanfare and promise of regional trade liberalization about 15 years ago, APEC has since lost its shine; though it still is an important talkfest for regional leaders.
- The original Fab Five will arrive in Sydney on August 23 for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it talkfest to launch their new single, Sunrise.
- It sounds like a lot of talkfests, so how will it really lead to change on the ground?
- That is all it will be; it will be an expensive talkfest.
- Other suggestions include a national infrastructure summit, but this would be a talkfest of little long-term value.
- It is possible to predict in advance that the official pronouncements of this talkfest will be just as righteous and rosy as the last - and just as worthless.
- John Howard says the special heads of government meeting won't be a talkfest.
- Eight hundred delegates, predominately practising and aspiring independent documentary makers and those who study the craft, attended the four-day talkfest and marketplace.
- There's an enormous conference in Austria this week called Money, Happiness and Impatience, with the best and the brightest, and the World Bank, jetting in for the talkfest.
- You may think it is a mere talkfest, but there are actually complex arguments around ownership of property and the ability to make money from farming.
- In fact business generally gave the talkfest a wide berth.
- This bill is about talkfests, about planning, and about bureaucracy, when we need leadership and decisive action.
- The film succeeds as a perceptive character study, demonstrating how emotional complexity can be obtained from the simplicity of a lean, well-written, two-person talkfest.
- But many wonder how a high-level talkfest with no agenda can succeed.
- It seems unlikely that any new visions about how to fight racism globally will emerge, but a talkfest is certainly welcome.
- Last week saw delegates gather for their annual talkfest on whaling, at a meeting of the International Whaling Commission in Italy.
- But on Friday I went to a talkfest that actually got me thinking.
- They would know that all that would happen would be more talkfests and more arguing, and not one new piece of roading would be built.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.