In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(presentador, entrevistado, comentarista etc) busto parlante masculino
- They consist entirely of old clips interspersed with a few talking heads and a slightly sarcastic commentary.
- Did we need the anchors and the commentators and the talking heads and prognosticators to tell us how awful it was?
- On television, we saw many talking heads whose lips were not synchronized with the accompanying audio.
- The talking heads on the TV news channels simply don't know how to cope with so many main news stories at one time.
- His career now was made up of a mix of TV work, opinion pieces in lesser known magazines, and the occasional talking head / chatshow appearance, where he could always be counted on for good value.
- He was their ticket to Washington, their entrée into the bigs, their chance to become talking heads on the Sunday chat shows.
- Dunphy may be equally unimpressed by the majority of celebrities and talking heads who sustain the talk show circuit but he might have a little more fun with them.
- He is a Georgetown University prof, a prolific scholar, and a frequent television talking head on legal issues.
- Did any of the talking heads on the news analysis shows make this point?
- I don't always agree with this reporter / talking head but I do like his Thanksgiving message.
- What I fail to understand is why the politicians and talking heads aren't bringing this up on talk shows.
- Initially Jackanory used the simplest form of television presentation - a talking head reading to camera with cross fades to static illustrations.
- Review, the Weekly Standard, and other conservative organs provide the talking heads for cable news.
- Maybe we do not respond to this study because we are used to having things presented to us in sound bites by talking heads.
- The talking heads are tempering the broadcast by focussing on the lack of ‘law and order’.
- Unfortunately, too many of the talking heads parroted rather than questioned those assertions.
- His camera remains unobtrusive when facing the talking heads, but becomes expressive in times of transition.
- Certainly there was room on the disc for some featurette or commentary from some talking heads.
- A short production featurette has the usual talking heads and behind the scenes footage of the stunts.
- One finds similar comments on an almost daily basis on the op-ed pages of the New York Times and in the mouths of whatever talking head appears on television.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.