In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)tamil femeninotamul femenino
- None of this is helped by the continuing ethnic conflict between the Sinhalese and the Tamils on the island.
- Afterward, Tamils accused the government of holding up emergency shipments to western areas that they control.
- Sri Lanka's Tamils have fought for decades to establish a homeland.
- The use of the emergency laws will not be confined to Tamils.
- Like many Tamils in northern Sri Lanka, his health was seriously affected by the country's protracted civil war.
- The conflict in Sri Lanka today is not between the Sinhalese and the Tamils, but between the Government and a rebel group.
- In a country which has strong ties with India, these Tamils constitute the strongest link.
- The majority of Tamils live peacefully with other ethnic groups.
- The Tamils live amid the continuous destruction caused by the war.
- The province is populated by the Sinhalese, Tamils and Muslims in roughly equal proportions.
- Many Tamils in Sri Lanka identify with this homeland, which runs along the shores of the Bay of Bengal in India.
- A few Tamils, living and working in different Arab countries, shared their views through the web.
- I accept of course that the appellant and her family like many Tamils in the north of Sri Lanka have been affected by the conflict in Sri Lanka.
- People have also complained of discrimination against Muslims and Tamils in Sri Lanka's eastern provinces.
- Meanwhile young Tamils were flocking to join the militant groups which were soon to benefit from military training in India on a massive scale.
- A special feature of the campaign was to expose the discrimination against Tamils in Sri Lanka.
- The Sinhalese are mainly Buddhists while the Tamils are mostly Hindus.
- Funds were raised for his defence not only in India but also by the Tamils in South Africa.
- He also berated the government for failing to prevent clashes last month between Tamils and Muslims in the country's east.
- They have a very different language, and while the Sinhalas are mainly Buddhist, most Tamils come from a Hindu or Muslim background.
- He abolished his predecessor's discrimination against the Tamils, for example by introducing Tamil as an official language next to Sinhalese.
- In fact, one understands the literary value of Tamil only by learning more languages.
- Apart from his mother tongue, Tamil, he is able to understand and speak English.
- We can speak and prepare documents in the local languages - Sinhala and Tamil.
- Children come to learn the languages of their ancestry - Telegu, Kannada, Tamil, Hindi and Sanskrit.
- For him the agreement comes at an ideal moment as he is handling dual language movies in Tamil and Hindi.
- However, most of the concerts are performed in languages other than Tamil.
- Most Hindus in Malaysia speak Tamil, even if they are Gujarati or Telegu.
- The actor says he is now able to speak in broken Tamil.
- The software is available in Hindi and regional languages including Tamil.
- Seeing that I was an Indian she took it for granted that I spoke Tamil.
- Immigrants from the states of southern India speak regional languages like Tamil, Telegu, or Malayalam.
- The thriller is also slated for release in at least two other languages - Tamil and Telugu.
- Though he is not familiar with Tamil language, he loves speaking in Tamil.
- The country's official languages are Sinhala and Tamil, but English is also spoken throughout Sri Lanka.
- He is not a racialist, he can speak Tamil, and he knows the village scene and its characters well, and was not afraid to show his emotions.
- She speaks French, Spanish, Italian, English, Tamil, Telegu and Malayalam.
- Radio stations rebroadcasted his Internet talks, and newspapers published his messages translated into Tamil.
- ‘But spoken Tamil and written Tamil are almost like two different languages,’ she laughs.
- While its history is shrouded, it set the stage for an outpouring of medieval poetry in Tamil, a Dravidian language.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.