In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tampax masculino marca registradatampón masculino
- Replace the empty Tampax box immediately, to avoid nasty surprises next month.
- Both Tampax and o.b. claim to be dioxin-free - bleached with chlorine that is essentially of the home-cleaning variety.
- I'd buy every product they advertised - even if they were sponsored by Tampax!
- On opening it, I found it contained a sample box of Tampax tampons, together with a fact-filled leaflet designed to guide pubescent girls through their first period.
- I spotted this in a Tampax advert while watching game shows to learn Spanish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.