In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EEUU(sleeveless T-shirt)camiseta sin mangas femenino
2Britanico(sleeveless sweater)chaleco de punto masculino
- When I got out I wrapped my hair up in a towel and pulled on a tank top and a pair of cotton shorts.
- I put on jeans and a tank top and headed upstairs, ready to give that girl a piece of my mind.
- She also left me a black tank top which I pulled over my head quickly with a smile.
- When she emerged ten minutes later she was wearing khaki shorts and a white tank top.
- He saw her sitting at the corner of her room in a pair of gray sweatpants and a tank top.
- I grabbed a pair of black capris and a white tank top out of the pile in my closet.
- Normally she wore a black tank top under the semi-revealing shirt, but didn't feel like it tonight.
- She had on shorts and a tank top over her bathing suit, and she smiled at him as he walked in.
- Walking over to her wardrobe, she picked out a pair of jeans, a tank top and a light jacket.
- I'd only been wearing a tank top and short jean shorts, and I was shivering in no time.
- She was wearing a pink mini skirt with a pink tank top printed with little pink hearts.
- She got dressed in jeans and a white tank top, pulled on a jacket and took her tea outside.
- I got dressed, pulling on a tight white trousers and black sleeveless tank top, and headed for the park.
- Her figure looked fine but the jeans were hipsters and the tank top was a little short.
- I put on a red tank top with a black fishnet shirt over it and red plaid bondage pants.
- She ran back into her room and chose her favorite pair of jeans and a sparkly tank top.
- I had a hot shower and changed into my mini skirt and tank top and put the soccer jumper on again, it was nice and cozy!
- She was now dressed in a tight tank top with a flowing pale orange blouse over it.
- I tossed on pajama pants over my track shorts along with a sweat shirt over my tank top.
- She was wearing her workout uniform, shorts over a leotard with a tank top over that.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.