In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1platina femeninopletina femenino
- I requested a tape deck as I have lots of talking-book audiotapes that I play on long journeys.
- I know I would ideally like power steering (am only just beginning to understand parallel parking, better not push my luck), central locking and at the least a tape deck / fm radio.
- He then stopped the tape, pulled it out of the tape deck, and handed it to me.
- I slipped the tape into the tape deck, shut it and pressed play.
- We had a state-of-the-art tape deck with stereo speakers built into the living and dining rooms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.