In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinta métrica femeninometro masculino
- One would think the simplest way to determine the size of an item would be to break out the old tape measure and measure it… right?
- Note his weight and height, and measure his neck size, using a tape measure if possible, although accurate shirt size will suffice.
- The college electrician came round today brandishing plans and a tape measure.
- Use a steel tape measure to measure the length of your frame on both sides of the door and across the top.
- A flexible tape measure is the only tool to accurately measure the human body's curves and contours.
- Instead, use a tape measure or a piece of clothing to judge weight loss.
- We used bathroom scales and a tape measure to obtain their weight and height.
- There's no point in getting a tape measure and measuring myself because in two weeks my dimensions will have changed one way or the other.
- I overcame this problem by taking a tape measure with me, unpacking some curtains and measuring them against the known size of the window.
- Neck circumference and waist and hip girth were measured using a tape measure.
- For the purpose of scale, the tape measure shown in some of the photos is extended to exactly 18 inches.
- Height and weight were measured in stocking feel on a flat surface, using a tape measure and a portable scale, respectively.
- But if that exercise doesn't float your boat you could use a set of scales, a tape measure and a calculator instead and calculate your Body Mass Index.
- Suddenly when I wasn't looking (my gaze had drifted over to the lingerie section) he had whipped his tape measure out and measured my waist!
- Use a yardstick or steel tape measure, never a cloth tape measure.
- Admission officers end up walking around local streets with a tape measure.
- Measure yourself first with a tape measure, your bust, waist, and hips, over your undergarments.
- Who measured the distance from Earth to Mars and did they have to make sure the tape measure was rigid?
- For initial assessment and serial examination, the size of the mass may be measured using calipers or a tape measure.
- You could also measure the circumference with a cloth tape measure and divide it by 3.14 to determine the diameter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.