In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1equipo operativo masculinogrupo de trabajo masculinoMilitar destacamento (especial) masculinoMilitar fuerza de tareas femenino
- An impressive resume, for sure, but one perhaps more useful to a company building a military task force than a search engine.
- The level of communications afforded is the same as if the task force was operating from its home base.
- The task force is here to detect, disrupt and defeat terrorist cells in the Horn of Africa.
- The task force was down to six helicopters, the bare minimum needed to pull off the rescue.
- Instrumental to the success of the task force has been the cooperation of the Indonesian authorities.
- Most of the task force's soldiers had been in Kuwait training for this day for nearly six months.
- This causes a need for greater capability in logistics assets at the task force level.
- In October the largest task force of the Pacific war sailed for the island of Leyte to begin the reconquest of the archipelago.
- I was an armor task force scout platoon sergeant when my battalion deployed to Iraq.
- The task force was ready to leave Kuwait, to move out north, to drive on to Baghdad.
- Throughout the mission, the task force was in constant contact with enemy forces.
- Scouts talk to more people on the battlefield than anyone else in the task force.
- While in Kuwait, we received four additional companies to complete the task force.
- A military task force suggested that nonstate actors could be a clear and present danger.
- Heavily armed members of the task force, police and body guards quickly took her away shortly afterwards.
- For example, an armor task force is planning to breach during a deliberate attack.
- Again, he should portray an uncooperative enemy that intends to defeat the task force.
- Scouts are the eyes of the task force commander and must have the best equipment with which to see.
- Like the rest of us embedded reporters, he had been taken in as a member of the task force, and he was mourned as one.
- What was my mission as it pertained to the overall task force and brigade missions?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.