In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bollo con fruta seca masculino
- A toasted teacake, scone or flapjack was an option.
- Or maybe a nice slice of Battenberg or a toasted teacake - anything that might allow me to occasionally get my feet under my own table.
- The teacakes are wrapped individually in foil.
- For the sake of this review, we shared a toasted teacake and a fruit scone with butter and jam.
- Cups of coffee start at £1.25, teacakes are £1.20, scones £1.50 and banana or strawberry ice cream milkshakes are £1.65.
- But there's enough coffee and teacakes to keep any man focused.
- Scones, teacakes, date and walnut or spiced fruit loaf are priced at £1.25 or less.
- Cake forks and serviettes were provided, thankfully not placed under the buttered teacake!
- Ann was provided with both a butter packet and a sachet of Flora for her teacake.
- The menu mentioned toasted teacakes, scones, doughnuts, Danish pastries and flapjack.
- In fact, it is a genuine snack spot with scones, teacakes, cakes and biscuits being the staple fare.
- As if all this were not enough, she also plies participants with a delicious feast of teacakes, sandwiches, scones and cakes created from period recipes.
- Although attractively and efficiently served both the teacake and croissants came on top of serviettes.
- However tea/coffee and a scone or toasted teacake should cost under £2.50.
- It was still early in the day so Ann opted for a toasted teacake and hot chocolate.
- Ann was delighted with a freshly-toasted teacake while I enjoyed a toasted cinnamon muffin.
- The three-packs of snowballs and caramel teacakes are being sold through petrol station forecourts and other outlets.
- At a recent talk we gave, Ann was accused of eating nothing but scones and toasted teacakes.
- Scones with jam and cream cost £1.70 as did a special of a toasted teacake with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Furniture endorsements, chocolate teacakes, bowls aficionado… life rarely gets more fulfilling than that.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.