In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(profession)enseñanza femeninodocencia femenino(post/position) (before noun) docente(post/position) (before noun) de profesorthe teaching profession — la enseñanza
- the teaching staff — el personal docente
- This convergence has important implications for research and teaching in business schools.
- The project will enhance the assistance to regional enterprises as well as creating new research and teaching capabilities.
- The competition fits in with the school's programme of teaching, which highlights the pitfalls of using fossil fuels.
- Although it may be premature to conclude that the quality of teaching will improve, the idea itself is a milestone in the development of teaching as a profession in Namibia.
- After the time off, Frost considered taking up teaching as a profession, but sometimes things don't always go as planned.
- However, one teaching union has already threatened to ballot its members over possible strike action if the six-term year is introduced.
- Some 27 percent of health professionals and 9 percent of teaching professionals are migrant workers.
- Ramcharan, who has been a teacher at the school for the last 47 years, said the profession of teaching for her was a calling from God.
- One weekend of TV coverage of their conference might well do more damage to the idea of teaching as a profession than any amount of strike action.
- Before going into politics, he engaged in research and teaching at Shanghai Second Industrial University.
- While his work may elicit controversy, his teaching and teaching methods continue to influence generations of graphic designers.
- But he was incredibly bright, excelled at school and as a young man dabbled in the professions of law, teaching and theology.
- Education chiefs have pledged that lessons will go on at a tertiary college despite a damning report which criticised most teaching as unsatisfactory and management as weak.
- A few years ago, teaching was a favoured profession for graduates wanting a stable career.
- Many people in education have given up the whole concept of teaching being a ‘profession’ - to be professional you have to be treated as such.
- The new institute is an independent body to register and administer the teaching profession across all school sectors in the state.
- Now, most people accept that pay is an essential ingredient in the restoration of the professional status of teaching.
- Lecturers and researchers are a special breed of people who have chosen the noble profession of teaching.
- She said: ‘It would be brilliant to be in a professional orchestra but teaching would be great too.’
- The sad truth is that America doesn't hold the profession of teaching in esteem because we don't believe what they do is important.
2(doctrine)enseñanza femeninothe teaching(s) of Christ/his master — las enseñanzas de Cristo/su maestro
- the Church's teachings — la doctrina de la Iglesia
- His duty is to present the pure teachings of God to the public in an unadulterated manner.
- India will be lost if the opportunity to serve the world with his message and teachings is lost.
- Her teachings do not preach an escape from life; but show how to live life to the fullest.
- Now you're asking us whether you should bring up a child with your atheist teachings and dogma?
- The following excerpts of actual teachings present the essence and details of refuge.
- Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah.
- Connected with this are religious teachings or dogma, rituals, prayer and so on.
- Like it or not I guess the Internet has brought a great many thoughts and teachings to a much wider audience.
- The idea of strong mindfulness and awareness runs throughout these teachings.
- Imagine if the current contestants of Big Brother were asked to interpret the teachings of Allah?
- However, he says that if it were not for Mandela and his teachings, he would not be the man he is today.
- Milingo broke it and went very much against the basic biblical teachings not to divorce.
- He denied direct involvement, but said he was glad his teachings might have inspired the deaths.
- Though his followers were mainly in India his teachings spread all over the world.
- Dr Mahathir is especially exercised about the other-worldly teachings of many ulama.
- Some had concerns about sex education and teachings on homosexuality, he said.
- This view has largely been created and reinforced by the teachings of most religions through time.
- These are interpretive teachings because they are told in order to inspire people.
- Nor is it an assault on people's right to disapprove of beliefs, teachings or practices of a religion.
- Christians relied on bishops to interpret Christian teachings and ensure correct belief.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.