In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conducto lacrimal masculino
- A thin, blunt metal wire is gently passed through the tear duct to open any obstruction.
- Some children have nasal polyps, which are cysts or growths of extra tissue in the nose at the end of the tear duct.
- Before massaging the tear duct, wash your hands.
- Viruses and bacteria may be rubbed into the eye or may travel from an infection in the nose up through a tear duct and into the eye.
- This can be caused by a blocked tear duct, which can be treated by gentle massage between the eye and nasal area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.