In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(skilled worker)técnico femeninotécnico masculinotécnica femenino
- The same technician using the same equipment performed the echocardiography.
- A medical laboratory technician is not expected to become a supervisor, nor is he or she qualified to act as a technical consultant.
- The team would also include two laboratory technicians well acquainted with gene technology and biochemical techniques.
- The program he took is dual-purpose: to train construction equipment operators and technicians.
- By the time the aircraft lands the truck will be waiting with the technicians, spares and equipment on board to repair the aircraft.
- Our study could not have been completed without the hard work of numerous field and laboratory technicians.
- One woman, a laboratory technician, is believed to have been taken to hospital as a precaution when she reported breathing in fumes.
- However, he also said the Government must make a commitment to funding that would ensure every school has a modern laboratory and technicians to assist teachers.
- To use the device, a laboratory technician places each patient sample in a separate well of an eight-well block, which is then handled as a unit.
- The care unit includes a laboratory with a technician and a pharmacy with a pharmacist.
- The site currently employs technical and mechanical engineers, chemical analysts, laboratory technicians and support staff.
- A laboratory technician checked urine for ultraviolet fluorescence indicating the presence of riboflavin.
- The report also expressed concern about the pay and conditions for laboratory technicians, saying an additional 4,000 were needed in schools.
- I have worked as a hotel night-clerk, a taxicab driver, a tree puller, a house painter, and a laboratory technician.
- Equally, many of the shortages in public services such as the health service from nurses to radiographers and laboratory technicians will disappear.
- He started his working life as a laboratory technician and spent five years completing an Open University degree before becoming a science teacher.
- I attended college, graduated with honours, and secured a position at a general hospital as a laboratory technician.
- Hundreds of crew members, technicians and film laboratory workers were sworn to secrecy.
- Next, select the staff members that will be using this machine the most, and have the equipment technician perform the proper training.
- Laboratory technicians battling cancer want to improve diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.