In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the process it has surprised many people with its mix of design and technological innovation.
- I would like to better understand what is at play in our technological experiences.
- When that happens, it will make all previous technological revolutions seem like minor hiccups.
- On close inspection this area of technology has an abysmal record of technological advancement.
- It is a true cliche that the modern world is a pre-eminently scientific and technological one.
- We do need to accept that scientific and technological advances will often be accompanied by new risks.
- At the same time technological innovation will be even more crucial if the company is to continue growing.
- The proper mechanisms and procedures and technological infrastructure had to be in place as well.
- We brought into being many other things with our scientific and technological power.
- In the course of his career, he could expect to see huge scientific and technological advances.
- The technological secrets of the Minster are to be disclosed to the public as part of National Science Week.
- Futurologists have noted an exponential acceleration in the pace of technological change.
- In fact, subsidies and technological innovation had already led to overproduction.
- Attempts to devise a technological solution to spam are ongoing, and admittedly difficult.
- It's remarkably good to be living through this part of the technological revolution.
- This shift is inexorable due to the nature of technological improvement.
- Is the quality of life now better for the technological advancements we have made?
- The result is usually scientific and technological stagnation except in the short term.
- How many technological leaps of this order can we expect in our lifetimes?
- For all our technological and intellectual advances, we are impotent when nature rears up against us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.