In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lenguaje técnico masculinotecnicismos masculino
- The lesson they appear to have learned is: if you want to look and sound professional, you should babble on in technospeak rather than simply saying what you sell.
- Essentially westerns set in space, they both cover the universal themes of good versus evil while making the lead actors spit out mind-boggling technospeak on a regular basis.
- And she would belittle people with her technospeak to make them look stupid.
- The users, however, were not entirely delighted when messages with a subject starting with " - SPAM ‘began arriving in their inboxes, with blocks of technospeak at the top and no human-readable HTML messages.’
- With its nondescript, brainiac anti-heroes and dialogue crammed with technospeak, it is the ultimate geek movie.
- In technospeak, the primary issue for servers in mission-critical roles is ‘high availability,’ or HA.
- If there are two scientists, both with Ph.D.s, arguing opposite viewpoints using technospeak that no non-scientist could easily understand, who is going to be believed?
- Film-making, like any other profession, relies on a mishmash of creative terms, jargon and technospeak, allowing effective communication between cast and crew.
- Yes, in an area which has prided itself on creating new technospeak terms, the Internet community has really outdone itself this time with the word ‘blog’ (an abbreviation of the term ‘weblog’).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.