In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A new business concept itself, SNI is designed for an era of connectivity, global concerns and the extension of technostructures on Earth and into space.
- Integral to this is state funding of education to equip the workforce with the skills needed by corporate technostructures.
- He defines the technostructure as the leadership of the modern industrial enterprise.
- Franklin states that ‘The great contribution of women to engineering, science and technology lies precisely in their potential to change the technostructures by understanding, critiquing, and changing the very parameters that have kept women away from these fields.’
- In contrast, the technostructure and support staff are known collectively as staff positions.
- Bigger was better, and the managerial class ‘technostructure’ that ran these big corporations would be the real source of power, without having to worry about crude things like profits.
- The necessity for, and the pervasiveness of, these technostructures immediately raises issues of personal liberty and civic engagement in their securitization.
- Broadly, he suggested that the ‘technostructure’ is motivated, not by profit as that goes to the shareholders, but by ‘technical virtuosity’ for its own sake, the approval of their peers, and the expansion of their departments.
- Instead the next major strike undoubtedly will leverage another embedded asset in some other existing technostructures to raise havoc at home or abroad.
- This disenfranchising from national-statist control challenges the traditional hierarchy of nations and enables rapid power shifts, the most notable being the power shift from states to international technostructures, transnational companies and booming criminal organizations.
- Typically, it has little or no technostructure, few support staffers, a loose division of labor, minimal differentiation among its units, and a small managerial hierarchy.
- The project has meanwhile advanced, however, and the research fellows have long since grown accustomed to speaking of technology in the sense of habitus, medium, infrastructure, and technostructures of society or human action.
- An integrated, transnational technostructure would not tolerate war or serious political trouble within itself, and would have a common interest in mutual protection.
- The power of shareholders, and in particular financial institutions such as investment funds, has once again risen to dominate the power of technostructures.
- However, the emphasis is upon providing a service to support technostructure in a dynamic environment.
- Advances in financial market technostructures are driving the most visible transformations in large part because financial markets have no physical product for distribution, and numerous, competing mechanisms are available for providing information and executing transactions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.