- These data clearly demonstrate that parts of the Scottish basement underwent major thick-skinned tectonics during the Grenvillian orogeny.
- The significant time gap between orogenic deformation and thermal metamorphism implies that metamorphism in many other orogens may not necessarily be due to compressive tectonics.
- The results may help to reconstruct the orogenic nappe structure that prevailed in the area before the region was reworked by extensional tectonics.
- As the two examples confirm, the largest failures and most rapid rock-slope development rates are associated with steep, mountain environments and with active tectonics.
- He also questions the stratigraphy of the graben and the timing of north-south extensional tectonics.