In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A call was made today for a change in the law so teenagers can get involved in politics at every level.
- A youth shelter is being unveiled to give teenagers a place to gather in the evenings.
- It is feared many teenagers feel they can't afford to continue on to college or sixth form.
- The more engaged you are in your teenagers ' lives, the better their lives will be.
- As a teenager, I know what my fellow teens get up to, and how these antics can be stopped.
- Firefighters said the teenagers were being nominated for an award for their actions.
- At the discos there will be prizes offered to teenagers for their dancing skills as well as draws.
- They wanted to see money spent on a homeless shelter for teenagers in the town.
- I have three teenagers living in my house and the youngest two are driving me to distraction.
- My parents were teenagers in the war years, and I think life was very tough for people then.
- They claim they have been told to send the teenager to another school or face court action.
- It came as a shock to see how chubby he was as both a child and an early teenager.
- She was a bit surprised at the matter of fact way in which the teenagers accepted the change.
- These are the messages we need to be giving out to the teenagers and young people of today.
- The teenagers were also asked a series of additional questions about their parents.
- Police have appealed for help in tracing two men who robbed two teenagers after talking to them.
- Fair enough, a few teenagers do get drunk and become violent but surely they are in the minority.
- This park will for the first time cater for teenagers as well as young children in the borough.
- The teenager said he had no problem with the police stopping people for bad behaviour.
- A teenager had his rucksack taken from him by a youth, who was part of a larger gang.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.