In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It now has sector supplements for the automotive, finance, telecoms and tour operators sectors.
- Reductions in debt ratings have also put a strain on finances throughout the telecoms sector.
- Will its products be enough to woo back investors despite fears of a telecoms downturn?
- There is less cable-laying work, due to a fall in demand from the telecoms business.
- All telecoms companies have seen their market capitalisation more than halve during the past year.
- This is to enable these businesses to be better able to cope when spending by telecom operators resumes.
- Many larger operators, struggling in an out of favour telecoms market are now wary of the costs.
- Does the thought of investing in the wireless or telecom industry now leave your head spinning?
- A telecom industry analyst said the impact on the two mobile phone companies would be minimal.
- Either way, the telecoms operators are likely to see it as a subsidy to undercut market pricing.
- They also see ample evidence of fierce competition in many areas, both in consumer and business telecoms.
- In Germany the telecoms services sector is one of the most promising business areas.
- In other markets, such as telecoms or the Internet backbone, it has to be more robust.
- The survey also looks at telecoms infrastructure, broadband provision and mobile services.
- If you are in telecoms or telecoms equipment supply you are right there at the front of the firing line.
- The deregulation of the telecoms market has seen the emergence of 17 telephone operators.
- The impact of this on telecoms and mobile cellular operator voice revenues promises to be interesting.
- It works with the largest telecomms and mobile phone operators in North America, Europe and Japan, as well as in the energy sector and IT.
- They wanted to design complex telecoms systems using interface descriptions.
- These high volume business telephone users tend to be the main targets of alternative telecom companies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.