In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1programa de larga duración para recaudar fondos con fines benéficos
- That's why I agreed to do the telethon, even though in the long term more than charity is needed.
- Members will remember the telethons we used to have where people would make a donation and challenge other people to do the same.
- It's part of our culture to have telethons and celebrity appeals and things like that.
- In the end, both the concert and the telethon raised more than a million dollars.
- In this it is like a legal offshoot of all those charity telethons for children.
- Earlier this month, Johnny was among a galaxy of stars who manned the phones at a televised tsunami telethon to raise money for victims of the Asian disaster..
- In September, a national telethon will be held to try to raise $5 million to help reconstruct the town.
- It is not yet known how much money was raised by the telethon but early predictions suggest it could be over £70 million.
- The telethon was to raise money for the people in need, to give them food where they had none, to put pharmaceuticals on their pharmacy shelves.
- Anyway, I think this is a marvelous initiative, so when the telethon to raise the required funds airs, give generously!
- This is more like an incredibly long concert as opposed to the traditional telethons of my youth.
- He is now trying to organise a community radio telethon to raise more money.
- In 1980 the appeal was broadcast for the first time as a telethon.
- Stanley used to work on the telethon every year, often as its announcer and always answering phones.
- But I'm begging people at this point, if you've never sent money in for a telethon, now is the time to do it.
- They even dominate the new medium of television, serving as annual hosts of a polio telethon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.