In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado eventual masculinoempleada eventual femeninoempleado temporal masculinoempleada temporal femeninobefore noun temp agency — agencia de colocaciones para trabajos temporales femenino
- The next day, he finds Kris as his new personal temp.
- Anna, 21 and a single mother of two, was working as a temp at a nursing agency when she signed up for benefits.
- For a brief time, a few years ago, I was employed as a temp at the Public Trust Office, one of the grey government monoliths that no one notices in Central London.
- Three employees and a temp are thought to have been evacuated but cannot be located by the company.
- There were about thirty of us - cleaners, security guards, post room employees and temps.
- I was going for an interview with a temp agency, and I'd just typed up my resume, including my work history.
- She registered with a temp agency, determined to land a position in development.
- We are giving young temp workers a platform to express their unheard voices.
- Keep all your tickets and passes in the envelope they came in, and let the appropriate temp employees sort through it as needed.
- And since the agency pays the temp, you don't have to concern yourself with rising costs of unemployment rates or with payroll deductions.
- I'd highly recommend signing up with a few temp agencies.
- And hiring through a temp agency doesn't protect you from litigation.
- So we hired a temp from this agency that supposedly specializes in temps who respect diversity and can handle working in places like ours.
- After failing to land a job as a journalist, and brief stints as an office temp and clerk typist, Bass was demoralized and returned to North Carolina.
- But an office full of temps contains all manner of other, hidden costs.
- Past employment as an in-house temp or other is also statistically significant in predicting a lower probability of home ownership.
- The employment conditions for the temps - who have to wear orange badges to distinguish them from blue-badged permanent employees - are strikingly different.
- I then started work at Deep Sea World as an office temp, initially for three weeks.
- In July, the company said it had 70 permanent employees and 30 temps.
- Agency temps have the lowest rates of all employment categories.
1hacer trabajo eventualhacer trabajo temporal
- I took on bits of jobs - temping, writing - anything I could drop at a moment's notice to head up the motorway if necessary, but even then Mum was resistant to change.
- When I quit the farm I started temping and have done so ever since but never for more than a few weeks at a time and for various agencies.
- Since then I've been temping, taken part in the grape harvesting in Champagne, done voluntary work in Namibia, and I'm currently working as a waiter in Switzerland.
- I spent the next six years doing more temping.
- While temping at a hedge fund, an unregulated investment pool with lofty fees and million-dollar investment minimums, I accepted a full-time position.
- When I started my site I was unemployed or temping as a secretarial assistant in London.
- With temping, there is no personnel department telling you how you can make plans based on how many vacation days you have left.
- A few summers ago, when I was still temping and the weather was scorching the city, causing blackouts and other horrors, I decided to take a few days for myself and not work.
- When I was 16 I got a job temping for Swindon Town Council.
- I drifted into banking and insurance by accident when I took a year off between my first and second year at university and ended up temping at a large medical insurer that was a major local employer.
- I'm temping for a company, basically doing data entry.
- The main increase in temp work has been in fixed-term contracts, which form about half of all temporary employment and agency temping.
- Here in Edinburgh, I'm temping at a place that provides emergency alarms for elderly people.
- Here, she plays Charlotte, a woman drifting through life, walking dogs, temping and working as a doctor's receptionist as she yearns to be a dress designer.
- I'm taking a week off from temping (if not more) to work on freelance work - hopefully I'll make some money on it this month.
- From temping in a job with no responsibility, prospects or even daily duties, I'm now editing a magazine about management theory and its impact on emerging markets.
- Many of them are temping until they find something more permanent, and what they're doing at the moment doesn't pay particularly well.
- Last summer I wrote about the farm, then I wrote about temping.
- In these three years I've had nine jobs, including part time, temping and other.
- Mr Cassidy, who is currently temping, said: ‘Rewarding hard work is the best way to inspire determination and commitment.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.