In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1temporalmentetemporariamente América Latina
- Traffic was stopped temporarily for the parade.
- You have to stay at a hotel temporarily.
- Bus stops may have to be moved temporarily.
- He ended up going temporarily blind.
- The service was temporarily suspended, but the problem has now been resolved.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.