In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Most of the world disapproved of her, calling her a temptress.
- The female is mysterious, captivating, at times a temptress.
- She will always be thought of as the wicked temptress.
- They are perceived as sexual temptresses.
- The female characters are two-dimensional temptresses who do nothing but create lustful havoc.
- Greta Garbo played tragic lovers, exotic temptresses and steely heroines.
- His affair with the temptress ended.
- The girls were taught that they were temptresses.
- I looked rather pathetic stood next to these long-legged temptresses.
- She is a sleek-haired temptress in a scarlet dress.
- The temptresses then coerce the hapless chaps into making complete fools of themselves.
- She is a real temptress, testing his chastity.
- Every seduction has two players: the worldly temptress and the willing target.
- Blonde is the hair colour of choice for film stars, pin-ups and temptresses.
- He is drawn to the dark temptress Sylvia.
- For a moment I toyed with presenting myself as a wanton temptress.
- You could object to his view of women as either homebodies or temptresses.
- He paints a woman as the seductress and temptress.
- His smouldering temptresses were immensely influential.
- A lovely temptress lavished her affection upon him, attempting to lure him away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.