In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(holding, possession)tenencia femeninoduring their tenancy — mientras ellos fueron (or sean etc.) los inquilinos / arrendatarios
- A new tenancy agreement was offered but rent was too high.
- Family members can look after the property if maintenance or tenancy problems arise.
- The land has been occupied on tenancies or licences.
- She will have to give up her tenancy.
- Any further breaches of your tenancy agreement may result in the loss of your home.
- He sold the land to the claimants and they granted him in return a rent-free life tenancy.
- Tenants benefit from greater security of tenancy under the new act.
- Some of the leaseholds were virtually worthless tenancies of shop-like premises.
- His landlord gives him a week's notice to quit the house, although he is not in breach of his tenancy.
- The tenancy would have lasted for less than ten months.
- A section of the warehouse has been rented but that tenancy expires in October.
- The tenants do not negotiate the terms of their tenancy agreements.
- The only way we could secure the tenancy for her was to pay the whole 6 months up front.
- Where there have been successive tenancies particulars should be given of each tenancy.
- This information would have been readily available from your tenancy agreement.
- The amount of land let under this type of tenancy has steadily increased.
- Unless your tenancy has run out you cannot be evicted.
- Secure rights of ownership or tenancy have not yet been established.
- His right to occupy these areas was circumscribed by the terms of his tenancy.
- A person cohabiting with another may succeed to some sort of tenancy on the partner's death.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.