In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also tensor muscleAnatomíatensor masculinomúsculo extensor masculino
- The three components of the tensors were averaged to report the overall rate of diffusion or tumbling.
- For our purposes, a tensor is an array of values (such as a vector or a matrix) that has the property that the relationship to other such arrays is unchanged if we rotate the coordinate axes (I discuss the biological meaning of this below).
- But the gravitational field is a symmetric tensor rather than a vector, and this means the graviton is spin-two, rather than spin-one like the photon.
- Next above a vector are tensors of order 2, which are often referred to as matrices.
- This compares three sequences at a time using a tensor (three-dimensional array) which records the frequencies of nucleotide triplets across the three sequences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.