In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1décimosee also fifth
- On this tenth anniversary, we owe it to them to remember.
- In 1955, Delaware County ranked tenth in the nation for milk production on more than 2,000 farms.
- She would be tenth of twenty acts to perform that night.
- In the tenth century, small numbers of Irish and Scots settled on Iceland, bringing Christianity with them.
- But archaeologists found a Saxon upright loom weight dating back to the eighth and tenth centuries.
- England in the ninth and tenth centuries was a rich, prosperous, fertile land - and almost entirely unprotected.
- Colombia ranks between fifth and tenth annually as a foreign oil supplier to the US.
- The date was August tenth, and Liz and Colin would be married in two days.
- I love that he held a party to celebrate his tenth anniversary of being with Nigella.
- At the tented encampment, visitors were able to chat to Viking families as they cooked using authentic tenth century ingredients.
- The council is the lowest spending unitary council per head of population and had the tenth lowest council tax in the United Kingdom.
- Sridhara is now believed to have lived in the ninth and tenth centuries.
- The album comes with a bonus CD featuring a video of the title track plus footage from the duo's tenth anniversary concert at London's Royal Albert Hall.
- I was tenth in the class at the beginning of the school year.
- Hundreds of green-draped coffins were ready for burial today, marking this tenth anniversary of the genocide.
- We didn't go out on Saturday for our tenth wedding anniversary as Josie was still really sick.
- Coming up, we will have more looks back and looks ahead here from Los Angeles on this tenth anniversary of the riots.
- Our democracy's tenth anniversary will coincide with an election year.
- It was party time as the airport marked the tenth anniversary of the opening of the new terminal - and there was plenty for those present to celebrate.
- Next year will be the tenth anniversary of Jack's passing but, in part because of folks like the ones on the panel, it feels like he's still around.
1(in position, time, order)en décimo lugarsee also fifth
2(part)décima parte femeninonine tenths of the population is / are against it — el 90% de la población está en contra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.