In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This time, I had more cider, wines and tequila than is good for a person.
- Accounts of his nightly intake include vodka, beer, tequila, all combined.
- During an interview he admitted to officers he downed a bottle of Vodka, tequila shots and beer during the evening.
- They are the raw material from which tequila is made, the pared hearts of the blue-tinged agave cactus.
- Kat sniffed her margarita to determine how much tequila Gary had put in it, and her eyes watered.
- We seem to be out of margarita mix, so I'm assuming this is just tequila with a lime stuck in it.
- Here we're moving away from vodka and more into rum and tequila based drinks.
- Yes the furnishings are rustic and weighty but there's no tequila to be had as you can only drink wine and beer here.
- Vodka is the number one selling spirit, followed by tequila and then bourbon.
- This is one of the primary reasons why extended aging is not as important to tequila as it might be to bourbon or cognac.
- It consists of tequila, cointreau, sour mix, fresh lime and crushed ice, and comes in the obligatory salted glass.
- Once this is done, the resulting weak alcoholic liquid is distilled into tequila.
- Our night began, as all nights should, with a tumbler of tequila and a discounted beer.
- But it sells miniature bottles of spirits like Vodka and tequila by the side of the machine.
- Sure, international interest is growing in general, but as American consumers continue their romance with vodkas and tequilas, America's native whiskey is hard-pressed to keep pace.
- She placed a bottle of vodka and tequila on the table with two shot glasses.
- We drank bourbon on the rocks or straight shots of tequila or double vodka Martinis.
- In just the last few weeks, the crew had done sake in Japan, tequila in Mexico, and ouzo in Greece.
- What you will need for a tequila party is obviously a bottle of tequila, a shot glass, and a twelve pack of beer.
- Another trend he's seen is fine tequila being enjoyed after dinner, like brandy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.