In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino terminalmasculino terminal Chilefemenino estación terminalthis is the terminus — este es el final del recorrido
- Moreover, what building could better symbolise Britain's territorial expansion in the industrial age than the world's first purpose-built railway terminus?
- Imagine this - a service that has large parking lots at its terminus stations, clean trains, and decent reliability.
- The virus has spread from airports and railway terminuses to the major cities now.
- To appreciate the usefulness of the atlas, the reader needs to follow particular railroad routes between important termini.
- On Monday, the first day of full commercial operation, we went looking for the southern terminus of the sleek new Hiawatha light-rail line.
- Mr Fee said the road was being planned with ‘utter indifference’ to where or when a major rail terminus along its route might lie.
- The great Victorian railway termini of London give rise to lines that snake out across the city atop stolid red-brick viaducts.
- The metro central terminus is planned to be located close to the City Railway Station.
- We are building a new toilet block at the western end of the bus terminus.
- This station is an attempt to resemble a London railway terminus, complete with the see-through roof and the space.
- The covered part of what was the railway terminus has become the waiting lounge, it is decked out like an airport departure lounge, well I suppose really it is.
- The visibility of such people in London railway termini or at suburban stations made them very noticeable to contemporaries.
- At one time his father had a pub and grocery business, situated near a large Dublin railway terminus.
- And resurfacing is also in progress on the old bus station site which is to become a car park to replace the spaces taken up by the new terminus.
- They target busy areas such as bus terminuses, shopping complexes, government hospitals and those close to the Collectorate.
- The station had opened as both a through and a terminus stations.
- When we got to this terminus station, our train remained on the right-side track.
- The rails will be a permanent reminder of the heyday of the station as a thriving terminus.
- The plan will also incorporate the relocation of the college and its link with a new bus terminus with Keighley station.
- The final block has a taxi rank, a bus terminus, hawkers' stalls and space for retailers and wholesalers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.