In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piloto de pruebas femenino
- Once the aeroplane is registered we'll get a test pilot in and, if everything is approved, we'll be able to fly it.
- In 1939 he was assigned as a test pilot at Wright Field, Ohio.
- Allen was felt to be the test pilot with the most large four-engine experience.
- I resolved early on that I would become an aeronautical engineer and test pilot and as I progressed through school I took courses that would lead to that goal.
- After getting out of the Air Force he became a test pilot for North American and had lots of time in fighter aircraft.
- A World War II ace, he became a test pilot and was the first man to break the sound barrier.
- The trust works in conjunction with the Young Eagles, a worldwide organisation founded by Chuck Yeager, the American test pilot who broke the sound barrier in the 1950s.
- He is an incredible value to the operations side of the house due to missions as both a test pilot and operational flyer.
- She got her pilot's license in 1948 and became an accomplished stunt flier and test pilot.
- Many of Papana's experiences as a test pilot were documented in Flying magazine.
- The test pilot found the aircraft remarkably stable and easy to control, and a pleasant surprise to all of us.
- The team includes test and evaluation engineers, maintenance staff and a test pilot.
- Afterward he flew planes transporting the Royal Family and then became a test pilot until his retirement in 1985.
- The ironic thing is that he was a test pilot in the Navy and had several close calls in aircraft, but always survived them.
- He is currently a test pilot with the Aircraft Research and Development Test Unit at RAAF Base Edinburgh in South Australia.
- Sharma was a test pilot with the Indian Air Force when the Russians began to look among them for an astronaut to join a Russian space exploration.
- Showing faith in the design, Northrop accompanied the test pilot on the plane's second flight so the pilot could show him a wobble that developed at certain speeds.
- I later became a test pilot for the RAF and on leaving the service I started to teach art.
- The company knew that they had a winner from this first test flight but the cautious test pilot recommended certain changes - some of which were easy, some of which took time.
- In this account of life as a test pilot, fighter pilot, and combat commander, Ross tells his Air Force story with wit, candor, and refreshing irreverence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.