In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terreno de pruebas masculinoa testing ground for new ideas — un terreno de pruebas para ideas nuevas
- The fudge is sold from a counter within the post office, giving an instant testing ground for new recipes and generating extra income.
- In theory, blogs should be an ideal testing ground.
- The Civil War became the testing ground for widespread use of anesthesia during surgery.
- Both proved ideal testing grounds for this car's twin fortes demonstrating refined competence regardless of the demands of terrain and driver.
- The course's demanding fences, ditches and drops are an ideal testing ground for prospective Grand National winners - as this weekend's field indicates.
- Universities are testing grounds for every manner of social and intellectual experiment - why not this one?
- The four-block, mixed-use Catalyst Project, will serve as a testing ground for key elements of the larger plan.
- The audio stories may not enjoy the same mainstream success as TV Who, but they provide a fertile testing ground for new ideas and talent.
- Such widening scope reflects the recognition that landscapes of any type provide testing grounds for making inferences and observations about fundamental natural processes.
- Bootleg Canyon is located just 45 minutes from the Vegas Strip, and makes for an excellent testing ground for bicycles of all shapes and sizes.
- I have called on the council to introduce by-laws to protect our magnificent beaches from being used as testing grounds for bikes and for racing cars.
- She said: ‘The National Parks were created for people to enjoy fresh air and peace and to get away from the ever-present motor car and not as testing grounds for all-terrain vehicles.’
- The work I made was a record of the traces of early forms of architecture and a testing ground for examining the validity of landscape as a subject for contemporary art.
- Instead, the Cardinals traveled south of the border to play in a game that would serve as a testing ground for the league's international expansion plans.
- The markets also serve as invaluable testing grounds.
- FarmLinks will be the ideal testing ground for PTI's new line of coated pesticide products.
- The company would sneak vehicles into popular testing grounds, where leading-edge riders began to agitate for sneak peeks.
- These conditions are met by several power plants along the Florida and California coasts, which could serve as testing grounds for this carbon dioxide sequestration method.
- The camp environment provides adolescents with a positive testing ground for healthy risk-taking within safe boundaries.
- Since that time, the Federalist Papers has been a favorite testing ground for researchers trying out new stylometric methods.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.