In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is evidence now that testosterone may be as useful as oestrogen in maintaining alertness.
- Men who have low levels of the male hormone, testosterone, are also at a higher risk of osteoporosis.
- The male hormone, testosterone, also helps to keep the bones healthy.
- The testicles are glands that produce sperm and the hormone testosterone.
- Both red blood cells and testosterone drop as the body becomes fatigued, impairing performance.
- A rush of testosterone and adrenaline buoys you through to the last rep of the last set.
- It's caused by the male hormone testosterone fluctuating, and highs and lows are perfectly normal at his age.
- They have more testosterone which gives them more explosive energy.
- Finally, the adrenal cortex produces the male sex hormone testosterone.
- He may be exhausted, but the adrenaline, testosterone and venom coursing through his veins will see him through.
- Women wear the patch on their abdomen, where it gradually releases a dose of testosterone into the body through the skin.
- Anabolic steroids are drugs that are related to testosterone, a male hormone.
- Hormone treatments are appropriate for those who have too little testosterone or too much prolactin in their blood.
- Females naturally produce testosterone, but not in anything like quantities found in males.
- In the longer term, it interferes with the production of the male hormone testosterone, which can reduce libido.
- Following therapy, angina patients using testosterone could walk further and had fewer symptoms.
- Science writer Bob Beale looks at some of the myths surrounding the male hormone testosterone.
- The physiological consequences of taking testosterone and human growth hormone are not yet fully known.
- Now while females don't have high levels of testosterone, they still do have levels of this hormone.
- Precisely how testosterone may trigger violence in the brain is a mystery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.