In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1robo masculinohe was charged with theft — lo acusaron de robo
- there have been several cases of theft lately — últimamente ha habido varios robos
- theft is on the increase — el número de robos está aumentando
- petty theft — hurto
- Along with stamping out burglaries and thefts, a heavy emphasis is put on personal safety.
- These offenders have recently been found guilty of a number of burglaries and car thefts.
- Police in Laindon are urging the public to be vigilant after a string of thefts from people using a cash machine in the town.
- Police are again urging householders to secure their property after a theft from a house in Hill Lane.
- Most mobiles stolen here disappear as a result of thefts from bags or car seats rather than muggings.
- The crimes are the latest in a series of thefts to have taken place around the area.
- But despite the recent spate of thefts, there has been some good news on crime levels.
- The security laws ban treason, sedition, subversion and the theft of state secrets.
- The drastic move follows a series of thefts and muggings at the church.
- Scene of crime officers were alerted to the string of thefts when the crimes came to light on Monday.
- Thus far there have been no charges in relation to the break-ins or thefts this year.
- In the last part of your article you liken the act of music piracy to the theft of physical property.
- Residents have called police to report drug activity, prostitution, thefts and assaults.
- Staff said they believed that some of the thefts from the museum were an inside job.
- Police are calling for motorists to be extra vigilant following a spate of car thefts and break-ins.
- Police are appealing for information following the theft of a large sum of money from a property in Firth.
- Police say most of the crimes have involved thefts of push bikes or from cars.
- There were three thefts, three acts of criminal damage and an attempted burglary last month alone.
- Other crimes such as burglaries and thefts from cars had decreased, he added.
- This is necessary where two or more persons participate in the original theft.
- They included four commercial burglaries, two car thefts and two other thefts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.