In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More importantly, the story itself seems to get tripped up in a cat's cradle of thematic connections.
- The resulting data were subjected to content analysis in several thematic areas.
- The book includes an introduction, seven narrative chapters, four thematic chapters, a short afterword, and two appendices.
- And I noted the conference's thematic undercurrent of ‘sustainability’ with some apprehension.
- The essays range from the broadly thematic to much more narrowly defined subjects such as Turkey's declaration of war against Japan in 1945.
- The subject matter in the first volume is at once thematic, regional, and broadly national.
- In its thirteen thematic chapters, this book discusses the challenges and successes of the women's movement in Uganda.
- And you know, there is a thematic consistency here.
- The thematic organization of the chapters is a powerful approach, but it means sacrificing any sense of chronological development.
- The book is elegantly written and usefully divided into short, thematic chapters.
- The transcripts were subjected to thematic content analysis, using standard qualitative procedures.
- This is a rare treat for those of you who are just plain sick and tired of artists' work being forced into thematic shows.
- The mottos ‘unity in diversity’ and ‘friendship and fraternity’ were used as thematic subjects for artists to follow.
- The chapters neither cohere nor fit particularly well with the thematic focus on group performance.
- Rather, each of the seven chapters is a detailed thematic essay exploring a key issue in the history of late 19th-century France.
- By and large, the album is ordered chronologically and, to an extent, along thematic lines: the property and homes, family pictures, and work scenes.
- It would seem that the account in chapter 3 is intended to lay out the story of the events so that the subsequent chapters can be seen as detailed, thematic case studies.
- The book is organized around ten short thematic chapters, making it an appropriate resource for individual and group reading.
- Perkins's chapters seem loosely organized around thematic questions: What did pioneers know about the West?
- Part II includes seven thematic chapters covering the biogeography, ecology, behavior, life history, and conservation of grebes.
- He creates albums that are strikingly different - many are governed by some thematic principle - and he has been compared to the late Eric Dolphy for his pivotal role in the development of the bass clarinet in jazz.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.