In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He was also a chaplain for the university students until 1951, when he again took up his studies on philosophy and theology.
- There is a vast area of overlap between theology and the history of religions.
- In 1888, at the age of 24, he left for America, to study medicine and theology.
- It has taken her three years to train for the ministry and study for a masters degree in theology.
- Students at a Christian school will also study theology and biblical ethics as part of their program.
- This is a book of stimulating questions on philosophy, theology and scientific theory.
- And after 11 long years of study, Frank has been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in theology and religious studies.
- While in Carlow he wrote on theology and scripture, literature and homiletics, local history and ecumenism.
- The university offered studies in theology, medicine, and law, but nothing at that time in the natural sciences.
- We tend to think of theology as something you study or write or teach.
- It explores the kinds of issues that genetic developments raise for both theology and ethics.
- This, in turn, provides a helpful vantage point from which to understand the nature and task of theology.
- Some theologians have claimed that theology gives a justification of religion.
- Twenty-five at the time, he had been dawdling while taking a degree in theology.
- The former Orangeman was awarded a Masters degree in theology for his studies on secret societies and Christianity.
- Science, like theology, reveals transcendent truths about a changing world.
- The religious dimension was not unknown to Darwin, who studied theology at Oxford in his youth.
- In theology, exegesis, philosophy, law, and mysticism, Jews and Muslims contributed to and learned from one another.
- Lopez got a solid grounding in the liberal arts, but enjoyed studying philosophy and theology most.
- At college he studied history and theology, then spent several years teaching in the Middle East.
- Human stories are more interesting than an arid study of theology.
- Now you can do science without studying theology, and you can study theology without knowing all that much science.
- He is the author of a number of books on theology and the philosophy of religion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.