In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Genomics is promoting a tremendous interest in novel therapies of which gene therapies will be only a minority.
- He adds that in the future this gene may also be used as a specific target for cancer therapies.
- Many patients receiving these new therapies respond rapidly to them and get a lot of clinical benefit.
- They may have tried over-the-counter preparations, dietary exclusions, or alternative therapies.
- Many health and fitness salons provide hair salons, beauty treatments and massage therapies.
- Biological therapies help the body's immune system to attack cancer cells.
- The subject of alternative therapies for cancer stirs quite a debate within the field of oncology.
- These medical therapies are aimed at reducing the viral load and hence induce early remission.
- Combination therapies usually contain drugs from two of these classes.
- Gene therapies could allow new approaches, or help existing treatments work better.
- Hormone therapy will bring about physical and perhaps psychogenic changes.
- Many of the standard radiation and drug therapies now used to treat cancers can have serious side effects.
- Combining two or more of these therapies has a cumulative effect on pain reduction.
- The holistic therapies might lead medicine back towards the holism of the ancient systems.
- The preferable option would be for these therapies to be administered in the patient's home or workplace.
- Prices have gone up a bit, but, as with all holistic therapies, the more you pay the more it's worth.
- However, drug therapies that target the dopamine system may be on the horizon.
- Complementary therapies such as osteopathy and acupuncture are popular.
- He believes more and more people are turning to homeopathy, herbal medicine, and other therapies.
- New targeted therapies are largely responsible for the increased survival rates.
- Whether in the guise of new drugs or new therapies, technology is costly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.