In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For both of these power systems types, the heat is then converted into electrical power by a thermal generator, either a thermoelectric generator that uses thermocouples to produce power, or a turbine.
- Insertion of a thermocouple in the crystallizing solution revealed that its temperature was 270.7°C.
- The sample temperature was monitored by a thermocouple inserted directly in the cell.
- In wire form, tungsten is used extensively for lighting, electronic devices, and thermocouples.
- Temperature inside the flow chamber was measured by a thermocouple buried inside the chamber and controlled by changing the temperature of the fluid circulating through the jackets.
- The system includes a thermocouple to record subcutaneous temperature.
- Skin temperature was measured with a thermocouple on the foot.
- A thermocouple consists of wires made of two different metals or alloys, and it has two junctions.
- A thermocouple was inserted in the hollow probe, and temperatures were recorded.
- This effect is used in thermocouples, which measure temperature based upon change in electric flow.
- Each container costs about £16,000 to £20,000 and special thermocouples (which measure the temperature) cost £10,000.
- Feldhake uses a thermocouple on a metal plate attached to a stake, at a cost of a few dollars per sensor.
- Temperature was measured with a fine-wire thermocouple located close to the sample capillary.
- The temperature was measured with an ultra-thin thermocouple directly on the coverslip.
- Air from the compartment is sampled through a narrow, extendable probe - which also contains a thermocouple to record the temperature - and the machine not only checks for the presence of gases, but also for the rates of change of gas levels.
- Since the temperature is uniform, it is both possible and practical to measure it inside the chamber by using a thermocouple.
- The temperature of the samples was measured using a thermocouple located within the cell holder and recorded in real time during the experiments.
- Air temperature was measured using shielded thermocouples placed 1 meter above the ground.
- Chamber temperature was measured with thermocouples.
- If the pilot flame is extinguished for any reason, everything stops: the thermocouple cools and stops generating electricity, the electromagnet loses its power, a spring in the gas valve snaps the valve shut and the burner goes out.
- For calibration purposes, the same chemical shift difference was measured in a high-resolution probe whose temperature had been calibrated to 0.1°C with a thermocouple.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.