In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1termoestablethermosetting plastics — plásticos termoestables masculino
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation, or catalysis a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
- The methanal can then be used in the manufacture of thermosetting plastics.
- Made from fiberglass reinforcements and thermosetting polyester, the products come in many shapes and are corrosion resistant, strong, lightweight, and dimensionally stable, the manufacturer says.
- ‘We developed an aromatic thermosetting polymer for use as an insulating material in copper chip technology,’ said James Economy, a professor of materials science and engineering at Illinois.
- He called this material Bakelite - after himself - and it was the first thermosetting plastic in the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.