1termoestablethermosetting plastics — plásticos termoestables masculino
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation, or catalysis a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
- The methanal can then be used in the manufacture of thermosetting plastics.
- Made from fiberglass reinforcements and thermosetting polyester, the products come in many shapes and are corrosion resistant, strong, lightweight, and dimensionally stable, the manufacturer says.
- ‘We developed an aromatic thermosetting polymer for use as an insulating material in copper chip technology,’ said James Economy, a professor of materials science and engineering at Illinois.
- He called this material Bakelite - after himself - and it was the first thermosetting plastic in the world.