In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Check the water temperature with an accurate thermometer; hot tub thermostats may differ in regulating water temperatures by as much as four degrees.
- Furthermore, building managers can save up to 15 percent on electricity bills by programming thermostats to trigger warming and cooling as needed during the workday while hibernating at night and on the weekends.
- Traditionally, older people are less inclined to reach for the thermostat when the mercury drops and can suffer as a result of not wanting to rack up huge heating bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat that will automatically lower night-time temperatures.
- Changing my thermostat to alter the temperature inside my house is another such example.
- Programmable digital thermostats automatically control your home's heating and cooling.
- Also make sure you know who has control of the thermostat so the temperature can be adjusted if needed.
- The temperature of the bath was controlled by a microprocessor-based thermostat.
- For temperature scans, a thermocouple connected to a thermostat was placed in the sample window close to the sample.
- Graham tells me the house is running at normal temperatures, and the thermostat agrees with him.
- The newer thermostats are programmable, electronic devices that couple sensors with circuitry to do the job.
- Most staff being laid off worked on the factory floor, assembling the thermostats and power regulators.
- On your way to bed, set the thermostat to a temperature that's not too hot or too cold.
- I also know that trash containing mercury is thrown in the landfill - old thermostats, switches and thermometers among other things - so that mercury emissions are a major problem.
- The thermostats in electric ovens are now much more accurate, so you'll have to recalibrate your cooking times.
- You can alter the temperature with a wall thermostat or a remote control.
- Regardless of the fuel they burn, central heating systems generally use electronic thermostats, pumps or blowers, and other controls that will need a reliable source of electricity.
- Based on the temperature reading on the thermostat the fans click on and off to maintain a steady desired temperature.
- However, if the temperature and coolant level are okay, it suggests that the temperature sensor in the thermostat is faulty.
- Programmable thermostats regulate backup heating and cooling systems, reducing demand when the house is unoccupied or residents are asleep.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.