In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1modelo de pensamiento masculino
- Again, it was the strong imprint of utilitarian thought patterns in economics that kept so many economists sliding down through the railway embankments of eugenic reasoning.
- The depressed are given to negative thought patterns that not only send them down the path to depression but keep them mired in the bog of despair.
- It appears to me that her massive weight gain is a symptom of her thought pattern, of her priorities.
- There are six action strategies that bring the quickest results in breaking out of the negative thought patterns that maintain your depression.
- Every time you take an anti-depressant, it is a reminder that you are ‘weird,’ that your thought patterns are abnormal, and that to function normally you depend on medication.
- A period of near-total abstinence helped me to unlearn the self-destructive thought patterns I'd gotten into, and I now drink quite healthily and happily, in control of an area that had been doing me harm.
- Change requires the individual or group to unlearn old habits, methods of performing routine tasks, and customary thought patterns.
- Depression, with its symptoms of sadness, apathy, fatigue and negative thought patterns, can adversely affect healthy lifestyle habits and even medical treatment compliance.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy helps bipolar patients to change harmful thought patterns and behaviors.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy can help reverse depressive thought patterns by trying to correct automatic reactions and assumptions that the patient may have adopted.
- In a disordered thought pattern he believed it would be best to get arrested and go to a prison medical wing.
- Both took part in 20 cognitive therapy sessions to help identify depressive thought patterns and replace them with constructive ones.
- Through role-playing and discussion, patients learn how to stop negative thought patterns.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy - available on a sliding scale, usually, at a major university near you - can work wonders in changing those automatic thought patterns.
- The therapy also teaches patients to use positive thought patterns rather than irrational negative patterns.
- I'm not sure that I agree with everything in this book, but the author does have a knack for deconstructing the prevailing thought pattern and showing where it goes wrong.
- It's a thought pattern that's a bit more than negative.
- I love to pull people out of their mundane thought patterns and make them think differently.
- Undoubtedly, in some cases substance abuse is an effort to manage symptoms - cocaine to create hypomania during depressive periods or alcohol to quiet racing thought patterns during a manic episode.
- But they are the sorts of behaviors and thought patterns that are not easily correlated to cultural influence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.