In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A hologram is a three-dimensional image produced by a laser beam.
- Those topographic features scatter ambient light in such a way that a three-dimensional image appears.
- The visual impact is heightened and given greater depth in some of the paintings by creating a three-dimensional effect.
- The refraction of the light also gives the moon a three-dimensional appearance.
- As I sat on a bench in the huge courtyard, admiring the myriads of rose gardens, a three-dimensional vision suddenly appeared.
- A crystalline solid is a solid consisting of atoms arranged in an orderly three-dimensional matrix.
- If you watched for a couple of cycles you obtained a very clear idea of the three-dimensional structure of the station.
- The curtain wall is extra deep in profile to give it a more three-dimensional appearance.
- The fibrils appear to be three-dimensional and interlocking and to consist of fibrillar bundles.
- We map each configuration on a number of rectangular three-dimensional grids as follows.
- Lone pairs of electrons play a critical role in determining the three-dimensional shape of molecules.
- This is the first solid figure, the three-dimensional form of the triangle.
- It commonly appears as a spongy mass because of the three-dimensional meshwork.
- Colorants and sculpting tools are used to create decorative three-dimensional forms.
- If you look at a needle it looks like a one-dimensional line from a long distance, but really it's three-dimensional.
- As space is three-dimensional, he went on to experiment with three-dimensional geometric solids.
- It is neither a disembodied image like painting nor a fully three-dimensional object like sculpture.
- Each set of atomic coordinates for a model was placed within a three-dimensional grid of cubes.
- The pattern of X-ray diffraction reveals the three-dimensional structure of the protein.
- An ionic compound is composed of a network of ions that results in a three-dimensional matrix of cations and anions.
2(in movies)tridimensionalen tres dimensiones
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.