1las tres cuartas partesthree-quarters of the population — el 75 por ciento / las tres cuartas partes de la población
- Over a half to three quarters of all the people who lived in that area have died.
- Importing three quarters of our organic food from all over the world is polluting the atmosphere and wrecking the climate.
- Nearly three quarters said they would use a tram system to get around the largely pedestrianised town centre.
- A round of mergers could halve the current number, or even reduce it by three quarters.
- A recent report showed that three quarters of burglars freed from prison are caught committing more crime within two years.
- The figures showed that new house prices in Dublin had actually fallen in two out of the last three quarters.
- Of them, my guess is that between two thirds and three quarters were non-combatants.
- One third of the doctors were women and three quarters were generalists.
- Of the 21 coach coordinators who gave their details on Saturday, three quarters are women.
- Around three quarters of women experience nausea in early pregnancy and around half also vomit.
- About three quarters of endowment mortgages sold over the last two decades are expected to post a shortfall when they mature.
- Finally, I finish up by going out onto the water for another hour and three quarters.
- They fought for at least three quarters of an hour to save him.
- More than three quarters agree that they are given sufficient training.
- However, almost three quarters were in favour of a product certification scheme.
- For the first three quarters, the market remained limp because of the recession and war.
- After originally losing 35 per cent of his pension, he will now get three quarters of his allowance.
- They also found that nearly three quarters of the parents interviewed relied on their children to find out about puberty at school.
- It was removed within three quarters of an hour of breaking down at 4.15 pm but caused delays until 6pm.
- About half of my friends play musical instruments, and three quarters of them play an instrument with which to make dance music.
1it was running on / at three-quarters power — funcionaba al 75% de su potencia
1it's three-quarters full — contiene el 75% / las tres cuartas partes de su capacidad
- The former girl group member is playing at here in June and, after less than a week, the show is now three quarters sold.
- When the glass is about three quarters full, he stops and gently places the glass on the bar.
- Without asking, he automatically poured another once our glasses approached three quarters empty.
- It is only about three quarters the size of Pluto, its closest neighbour.
- Maria pulled out the chair across from him and held her own bar glass three quarters full of cola.
- The drama unfolded at about 5pm, as the group were three quarters through the walk, when a strong gust of wind picked up Mr Smith.
- We three quarters filled it, to replace the fuel we'd used, before returning it.
- St John's Church was three quarters full for the main service on Christmas Day.
- Hiking a set distance is apparently between two thirds and three quarters as beneficial to your system as jogging it.
- Jim and Alan were three quarters Mexican and had grown up in a bilingual house.
- The oxygen level in her blood is three quarters that of a healthy person and this means her heart has to work harder as she grows to pump oxygen around her body.
- I took the jam jar from the shelf, and it looked like a normal jar, three quarters full.
- The exoccipitals end on the border of this foramen, at three quarters its height.
- If you care to notice, he's a man, and his hair is at least three quarters the length of yours.
- I am in a hotel three quarters full of white-haired old dears.