In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(car)coche de tres ruedas masculino
- As night fades, along the motorway bathed in early morning light, an unending line of vehicles including three-wheelers and motor cycles speed towards the town.
- There is parking space for private vans and three-wheelers outside the gates.
- Will the proposal to have dedicated lanes on main roads for two and three-wheelers help in smoother flow of traffic and perhaps reduce accidents?
- Apart from cars, there are also three-wheelers, commercial and utility vehicles.
- The team consists of six daring riders who perform a whole range of stunts from high jumps to wheelies on motorcycles, quad bikes and three-wheelers.
- Madurai's North and South Regional Transport Offices have together accorded permission for the operation of 50 such three-wheelers from the city to places that are up to 30 kilometres away from the terminus.
- Besides brand new luxury cars, motorcycles and three-wheelers, the visitors can have a glimpse of almost all kinds of tractors and fertilizers.
- Six two-wheelers, four three-wheelers and two cars occupy the same space as a bus.
- Vehicles behind it honk, two and three-wheelers manoeuvre all around it and amid the confusion, people are trying to scramble into it.
- He also likes toy cars and riding his three-wheeler.
- Once the company had stopped fiddling about with three-wheelers and converted post office vans, it developed a recipe that served it well for nigh on 30 years.
- His first car was a three-wheeler he built himself and being a member of the motor club led to him getting involved in car rallying and motorbike trials.
- With lots of different exciting models to choose from, low riders and three-wheelers are unconventional offering you flexible options.
- With its implementation, many buses, and two- and three-wheelers will go off the roads, and the traffic can be better managed.
- The deaths took place after a seemingly minor incident involving a collision between a private bus and a three-wheeler taxi on the morning of April 28.
- Funding is also available for indigenously manufactured buses, three-wheelers and cars which run on solar power.
- Cyclists, horse carts, two-wheelers, three-wheelers and loaded lorries all jostled for their bit of space while horns blared and tempers got increasingly frayed.
- But some of the measures, such as ban on three-wheelers on select roads and entry tax for private vehicles on some roads, were unlikely to go well with the public.
- There is not a lot to do in those towns, so cars, motorcycles and three-wheelers become great methods to pass the slow, sleepy hours.
- There are bound to be electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers, big cars and even buses for city shuttle runs, as technology improves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.