In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emocionantehow thrilling! — ¡qué emocionante!
- It's thrilling to be a participant in making music like that.
- It was a thrilling experience to see the boats afloat over the stream.
- No matter how far away I am from the stage, though, I find going to opera is a thrilling experience.
- The first few days of being away from them and the rest of the family were thrilling.
- Every minute of the included material is thrilling.
- The thrilling high jinks of last weekend had the crowd anticipating similarly spectacular bursts of action.
- Book your program reservations in advance to ensure your own thrilling dolphin encounter.
- I just thought it was thrilling to watch it.
- It was certainly quite thrilling to be in the Queen's Honours List.
- Their battle in April was one of the more thrilling heavyweight title fights of recent memory.
- Gades and company give intense performances of intricate grace, stunning beauty and thrilling machismo.
- Hawthorn have ended a miserable week with an agonising 12-point defeat to Carlton in a thrilling encounter at Docklands in Melbourne.
- The next 10 weeks would be the most exasperating and thrilling of my entire journalistic career.
- However, reading the book was nowhere near as thrilling as meeting the author proved to be!
- Seeing one fly overhead is a thrilling experience.
- It was thrilling to be a part of it, then disappointing to be left out.
- The medley relays brought events in the pool to a thrilling climax.
- While the results to date haven't been financially thrilling, all it took me to get going was $1,000, which was reasonable.
- The prospect of playing in the National League is thrilling, but also very daunting.
- On their final day of school before the Easter break, the active under fives joined the Easter bunny in a thrilling egg hunt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.