- The lung showed focal bronchopneumonia, multiple thrombi, and focal hemorrhagic infarcts.
- Blood clots, or thrombi, trigger most heart attacks and strokes.
- Blood flow to the heart muscle may even stop if a thrombus, or clot, forms in a coronary vessel, which may cause a heart attack.
- Mechanical valves are made with a combination of metals and sophisticated materials to ensure durability and a smooth surface to avoid blood clots, thrombi, forming.
- Thrombin forms clots and thrombi by removal of fibrinopeptides A and B from fibrinogen to form fibrin.