- Bruce Latimer, director of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History in Ohio, said an ankle bone and tibia discovered at the site proves the creature walked upright.
- However, as a 4 year old he had a fractured tibia and fibula.
- X-rays later revealed that both the tibia and fibula bones in Marcus's right leg fractured.
- The kneecap is then moved across to the outer side of the knee to expose the knee joint behind it, between the tibia (shin bone) and the femur (thigh bone).
- The cause of Blount disease is unknown, but it causes abnormal growth at the top of the tibia bone by the knee joint.
- Miss Rowley, 29, broke her tibia and fibula bones and underwent two operations which resulted in her left leg being half an inch shorter than the right.
- The earliest members of the group had two separate leg bones, the tibia and fibula, just like humans.