In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mostrador de billetes masculinoventanilla de venta de pasajes femeninoTeatro taquilla femeninoTeatro boletería femenino América Latina
- ‘I'm sure it's manic down at the ticket office, but I don't feel that way,’ he says.
- More volunteers are drafted in just in time as the ferry spills out the first swell of festival-goers who immediately target our ticket office en-masse.
- A specialised ticket office at York Racecourse is now selling the remaining Rails Enclosure tickets for the meeting.
- A ticket can only be purchased on a train if the ticket office is closed or unstaffed.
- Tickets for the 22nd Orkney Folk Festival went on sale from Tuesday at the festival ticket office in Victoria Street, Stromness.
- The town has certainly been gripped by Cup fever with long queues outside the ticket office yesterday morning and 1000 tickets being sold in the first hour.
- The space in the ticket office will be better utilised and the footbridge will also be lit up.
- To relieve the demand for train tickets, Shanghai Railway Station opened a special ticket office on Nanjing Road for tourists.
- Tickets are available from the Linenhall ticket office.
- Improvements will include two counters in the ticket office, a staff office and fully accessible public toilet with baby changing facilities.
- At 19: 00, their ticket office has been closed and no one answer the phone.
- You sit on real train seats, the snug is a carriage, and the ticket office will sell you expensive draught beer.
- There is neither a ticket office nor waiting rooms.
- I found it hard to bear the service in the railway ticket office, the post office, the bank, etc.
- The virtual station would offer a ticket office where through journeys to all parts of the country could be booked, an information centre and a comfortable waiting area.
- The ticket office will be open Monday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday 9am to 1pm and on Christmas Eve morning.
- Others were only just starting to queue at the bottom station of the cabin lift and we saw the warning signs; long queues at the ticket office.
- The City ticket office at Bootham Crescent is selling tickets for the clash at Bournemouth on October 26.
- We found ourselves the ticket office at the station, got ourselves some tickets and headed off to the train.
- The pre-paid ticket machine had no record of my booking, so we queued up at the ticket office, where it was confirmed that my payment hadn't gone through on the website.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.