In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dársena de marea femenino
- ‘Until now, policy makers have focused on rivers, tidal basins and oceans, excluding a discussion of lakes,’ he said.
- It will be deployed in the Gulf Stream, 11 miles off the Florida coast, but the 120-kilowatt system also works in tidal basins and rivers.
- The resort's legendary kids program offers cultural and ecological richness with activities like polefishing in the lagoon, examining sea urchins in tidal basins, or creating beautiful flower leis.
- So I was very upset to be 10 minutes late for the curtain because of the insane parking lot of traffic clogging the streets around the tidal basin and the cherry blossoms in their annual orgy of pinkness.
- It is in an intimate valley formed by a stream flowing into a tidal basin.
- Thousands flock to the park's amphitheater, which surrounds a river tidal basin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.