In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pececito masculinoshe's only a tiddler — es muy chiquita / pequeñita
- Not only that, but if one of tiddlers outside the index started to do well, and get a bit bigger, then it would soon get added to the index.
- But it isn't just the tiddlers of the telecom industry that are in trouble.
- Now don't get me wrong, Susanna, I'm not defending our laws, but really, in comparison to laws in England, in comparison to laws in the United States, we're just tiddlers.
- This tiddler, this minnow of the money market should obviously be allowed to get bigger and swallow something bigger.
- He added: ‘If this was 50 metres high, maybe there would be a point on the visual impact, but this is a tiddler.’
- Just little tiddlers all of them, rain and dark cloud for about 20 minutes and then sunshine again.
- Jo Haywood discovers that buying clothes for tiddlers, toddlers, tweenies and teens is child's play this season.
- Although still a tiddler in publishing terms, it stresses that it is not a one-author wonder and is building up a stable of big - sellers.
- There are some other tiddlers too but we won't get involved in those.
- Once again, this proves that the tiddlers almost always beat the high-street names!
- Animation has come a long way since I was a tiddler way back in the last century.
- The Japanese manufacturer who, when it comes to cars, has made its name by thinking small rather than big, has this month launched another tiddler, but this one a five-door version.
- But, to the industry at least, the most important cars of 2005 will be the tiddlers.
- It was huge - not like the wild tiddlers we have at home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.